Designed to meet tomorrow’s intensive storage requirements, Synology RackStation RS4017xs+ provides reliable, high-performance network attached storage for enterprises seeking rock-solid stability along with business collaboration applications and virtualization acceleration
Powerful Storage Solution with Ample Upgradability
Equipped with an Intel Xeon D-1541 8-core CPU, 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM, and 16 x 3.5″ drive bays in a 3U form factor , Synology RS4017xs+ is the ideal companion for intensive data processing, video post-productions, and virtualization applications that increasingly require more storage space.
RS4017xs+ comes natively with dual 10GBase-T ports and four Gigabit ports, along with two 8-lane PCIe 3.0 slots for additional high performance network interface cards (NICs). When configured with 6 x 10GbE ports with Link Aggregation enabled, NAS RS4017xs+ provides ultra-high sequential throughput at over 4,900 MB/s and 690,000 sequential IOPS .
System memory and storage capacity of Synology RS4017xs+ can be further extended. Up to 64GB of DDR4 ECC UDIMM can be installed to support multiple virtualization instances, and with two Synology RX1217/RX1217RP2 expansion units connected, a combined total of 40 drive bays can be freely arranged for storage management.
Rock-Solid Data Protection with NAS RS4017xs+
The Snapshot Replication application provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection. It replicates 65,000 system-wide backup copies to offsite servers and local volumes, bringing near-instantaneous data protection and ensuring data in shared folders or virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs remain available in the event of a disaster.
With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with optimized storage space utilization and allows multiple backup destinations to local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync server, and public cloud services.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RackStation RS4017xs+ integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wide snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID 1, 5, 6, and 10.
Synology RS4017xs+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, NAS RS4017xs+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack support, RS4017xs+ can be used as a block-based storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API.
Fully certified storage virtualization solutions
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS4017xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures a seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High-reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heatsink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
- DDR4 ECC RDIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and correction capabilities during data transmission.
CONTACT INFORMATION: MSTAR CORP
Hotline: 0943199449 – 0909514461
Email: [email protected]
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/synologyvn/
Add: 1F, 75 Hoang Van Thu Street, Ward 15, Phu Nhuan District HCMC
Branch : 11F, ZenTower Building, 12 Khuat Duy Tien Street, Thanh Xuan Trung Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Ha Noi