Company News: Synology today launched the new 12-bay RackStation RS2421+ and its redundant-power iteration, the RS2421RP+. Both systems are built to excel at large-scale general storage applications, including as backup, file, or private cloud server.
The new units boast significant performance improvements over their predecessors.1 They deliver 103% higher random write IOPS and 161% higher random read IOPS. They also offer 26% higher sequential read performance at 2200 MB/s and 63% higher sequential write throughput at 1154 MB/s.2
Customizable to fit any environment
Both the RS2421+ and RS2421RP+ can be fitted with a Synology 10GbE or 25GbE NIC3 for improved network throughput or with Synology SNV3400/3500 NVMe SSD cache using an M.2 adapter card,4 a cost-effective method to boost random read/write IOPS of hard drive arrays without occupying standard drive bays.
The units support up to 32 GB of ECC DDR4 memory5 and 12 additional drive bays6 can be added with the addition of an RX1217(RP) expansion unit for a total of 24 bays. The units are covered by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty which can be extended to 5 years in select regions.7
Over 150 apps to extend functionality beyond a storage server
The DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system runs on all Synology NAS devices, connecting them to a feature-rich ecosystem of powerful solutions.
Hyper Backup lets users back up NAS data to the cloud and other destinations, while the Active Backup Suite provides a robust backup of Windows clients, servers, file servers, and virtual machines. Synology Drive, Chat, and Office enable fluid collaboration between remote workers by providing browser-accessible office applications, file sharing, and chat functionality.
Surveillance Station transforms the models into all-in-one surveillance solutions supporting up to 40 cameras.8 Certified integration with VMware, Windows, and other virtualization platforms ensures painless management of VM storage.
The RS2421+ and RS2421RP+ are available today from Synology resellers in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific countries.
- Comparisons conducted against prior-generation RS2418+ and RS2418RP+ units.
- Performance figures are achieved in Synology labs with optimized network and configuration settings. Actual performance may vary in different environments. For full details on the test setup, please visit the Synology performance page.
- Compatible NICs include the E25G21-F2, E10G21-F2, E10G18-T2, E10G18-T1. For the latest compatible devices, check the compatibility list.
- NVMe SSD cache can be enabled via the Synology M2D20 or E10M20-T1 SSD cache adapter cards with SNV3400/3500 NVMe SSDs installed.
- Maximum memory upgrades allow for a greater number of simultaneous connections, more hosted virtual machines with Virtual Machine Manager, larger volume sizes, and other enhancements. Please check the datasheet of the device for specific details.
- The RS2418+ and RS2418RP+ support LFF (3.5″) or SFF (2.5″) SATA drives. Drive compatibility is dependent on Synology’s compatibility list. The capacity of both units can be expanded using a single Synology RX1217(RP) expansion unit, purchased separately.
- The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your receipt of purchase. Learn more about our limited product warranty policy. RS2421+ and RS2421RP+ include a 3-year limited hardware warranty, which can be extended to 5 years with the optional EW202 bundle, a 2-year Extended Warranty service add-on available in select regions.
- Surveillance Station includes two free camera licenses. Connecting more cameras or devices requires additional licenses.
Subscribe to ITWIRE UPDATE Newsletter here
GRAND OPENING OF THE ITWIRE SHOP
The much awaited iTWire Shop is now open to our readers.
Visit the iTWire Shop, a leading destination for stylish accessories, gear & gadgets, lifestyle products and everyday portable office essentials, drones, zoom lenses for smartphones, software and online training.
PLUS Big Brands include: Apple, Lenovo, LG, Samsung, Sennheiser and many more.
Products available for any country.
We hope you enjoy and find value in the much anticipated iTWire Shop.
INTRODUCING ITWIRE TV
iTWire TV offers a unique value to the Tech Sector by providing a range of video interviews, news, views and reviews, and also provides the opportunity for vendors to promote your company and your marketing messages.
We work with you to develop the message and conduct the interview or product review in a safe and collaborative way. Unlike other Tech YouTube channels, we create a story around your message and post that on the homepage of ITWire, linking to your message.
In addition, your interview post message can be displayed in up to 7 different post displays on our the iTWire.com site to drive traffic and readers to your video content and downloads. This can be a significant Lead Generation opportunity for your business.
We also provide 3 videos in one recording/sitting if you require so that you have a series of videos to promote to your customers. Your sales team can add your emails to sales collateral and to the footer of their sales and marketing emails.
See the latest in Tech News, Views, Interviews, Reviews, Product Promos and Events. Plus funny videos from our readers and customers.