Synology’s NAS devices have the power to secure any file transfer. And yes, that happens by using a VPN service. With that said, let’s show you how to set up and use ExpressVPN on your Synology NAS device.
Unfortunately, ExpressVPN doesn’t provide a list of supported Synology NAS devices. However, the following procedure should work on any Synology NAS that supports creating VPN profiles and OpenVPN connections. So, we recommend checking your device’s manual before you proceed.
1. Start this procedure by signing up for ExpressVPN.
2. Once you land on ExpressVPN’s site, click on any of the buttons labeled ‘Get ExpressVPN.’
3. Then, pick a subscription (long-term ones come with the biggest savings).
4. Provide your email address and then finalize the sign-up procedure.
5. Once done, you’ll receive a confirmation email from ExpressVPN’s team.
6. This is when you need to return to ExpressVPN’s site (go to its home page).
7. Using the website’s main menu (top-right corner), select ‘My Account.’
8. Provide your email address and password, and then click on ‘Sign In.’